Shrimp Scampi Recipe
Simple, healthy dinner with basic ingredients sautéed together. Pairs perfectly with a slightly sweet white wine on a hot day. All ingredients are eyeballed and added to taste - I do not measure these out.
- Small shrimp (peeled, deveined)
- Barilla Plus Angel Hair Pasta
- Extra virgin olive oil
- White wine
- Lemon juice
- Red pepper flakes
In a pot, get your pasta started. The shrimp take almost no time to cook. Cook your pasta per package instructions (don't forget to salt water), before the pasta is completely cooked you will drop in the shrimp pan with a small amount of cooking water to finish cooking.
- Chop garlic, shallot, parsley. Set parsley aside.
- Drizzle pan with extra virgin olive oil
- Set heat to med-low and drop in garlic, shallots and shrimp
- Add salt, pepper, red pepper flakes
- Sautee quickly for about a minute
- Add small amount of white wine and juice of 1/2 a lemon to pan and sautee for another couple of minutes
- Drop in almost finished pasta and finish cooking both pasta and shrimp
- Remove from heat immediately
- Garnish with fresh parsley and remaining lemon juice - then serve