Guardians of the Galaxy–Mission: BREAKOUT! Opens May 27th During Summer of Heroes at Disneyland Resort #DisneySMMC
During our General Session on Day 4 of the Disney Social Media Moms Celebration we were introduced to Disney Parks Synergy Director, Chris Ostrander. Mr. Ostrander shared exciting news about what we can expect to see from Disney Parks and Disney films in 2017. He surprised us all with quite a few sneak peeks (which I will share in another post) and a little bit more information on Guardians of the Galaxy-Mission: Breakout!
Guardians of the Galaxy–Mission: BREAKOUT! can be found where the Twilight Zone Tower of Terror stood in the Hollywood Land area of Disney California Adventure Park. In the new attraction guests will help Rocket Raccoon rescue his friends out of the Collector’s Fortress.
Given that the Collector even collects living things, I am expecting the theming to be nothing short of epic. It has been hinted that the attraction will have more action and more randomized events than Tower of Terror and, of course, new music. Mr. Ostrander mentioned the new film's soundtrack was something we should all look forward to. I can't wait to hear it!
Also launching with the new attraction are the following year-round Marvel experiences:
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Awesome Dance Off! – Yes, this is happening. You, Star-Lord and his boom box will get the party started and boogie down!
- Super Hero Encounters – For the first time, we can meet Groot! Captain America and Spider-Man will also be available for meet and greets.
A limited Summer of Heroes event will run from May 27 - September 10th. (Runners, that includes Disneyland Half Marathon weekend!) The following experiences will be available during the limited Summer of Heroes event:
- Avengers Training Initiative – Black Widow and Hawkeye will gather up young recruits to see if they have what it takes to join the ranks of the Avengers.
- Heroic Encounter: Black Widow – Black Widow will appear several times throughout the day in an armored Avengers vehicle for encounters with park guests.
- Grab a Piece (or Bite) of the Action – There will be special Marvel themed merchandise and food available throughout Hollywood Land.
For Disneyland fans, the big news is that the Disneyland Railroad and Rivers of America attractions, including “Fantasmic!”, are returning later this summer! And don't forget - the classic Main Street Electrical Parade will continue its limited-time run through Sunday, June 18.
It's going to be an exciting summer at the Disneyland Resort!
I'm excited to ride Guardians of the Galaxy–Mission: BREAKOUT! for the first time. I'll miss Tower of Terror forever, but I know the new attraction will be awesome. What are you looking forward to most at the Disneyland Resort this summer?