CravOn Crinkle Cut Fries and Pesto
Last month I had the privilege of learning all about these wonderful, healthful CravOn fries first-hand from Chef Nikki Shaw herself! At the cooking demo I attended, I was given a coupon for a free bag of fries. I waited for a weekend when everyone was home and baked them (as per the bag directions) and made fresh pesto on the side as a yummy dipping sauce.
The family loved them! I knew they would!
What's so great about these fries? They are never fried, are gluten free and contain NO artificial anything! That translates into less fat and much more healthy eating. Plus, they actually taste like a real potato. Because they ARE real potatoes. Win! Give these a try with the recipe below. They're totally addictive, and totally delicious.
- 1 bag (2 lb.) CravOn Ripple Cut Fries®
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 2 cups packed fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook time: 25 mins
- Preheat oven and bake CravOn Ripple Cut Fries according to directions on package.
- In a small food processor, combine pine nuts and garlic until coarsely chopped. Add basil, oil, lemon juice and parmesan, then process for 5-10 seconds until blended.
- Arrange hot CravOn Ripple Cut Fries on a platter. Pour pesto into a small dish and serve with fries.
Disclosure: As stated in the first paragraph, I was given a coupon to try CravOn fries for free during a cooking demonstration and taste testing with Chef Nikki Shaw. The recipe is from CravOn, opinions are those of myself and my family. We love these fries!