Mudderella Nor Cal 2015 Recap
I participated in an Influencer Activation on behalf of Influence Central for Mudderella. I received complimentary admission to facilitate my review as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation.
What full-day athletic event created for women by women includes mud, obstacles, miles, friends and lots of laughs? Mudderella!
More than just another event, Mudderella is the perfect way to grab your girls and get in a great workout while having fun and challenging yourselves. That's not all that makes Mudderella special...the finish line beers are pretty special too!
We woke up early and drove about 80 miles from our little town to the Solano County Fairgrounds in Vallejo, CA for the Nor Cal Mudderella. With no traffic to bog us down we had plenty of time to chat and stop along the way for breakfast.
After we checked in and picked up our wrist bands and bibs, we headed towards the Mudderella Village where we found everything from temporary tattoos & hair ties to a merch tent and an espresso cart.
We started with the 8:15 am wave, extremely anxious to face the 11 obstacles ahead of us and grateful for the cool weather.
We found mud right away! Our second obstacle, Down to the Wire, was our first muddy one. Elizabeth and Michelle breezed right under it like champs while I watched. I wasn't sure I wanted to get in the mud quite yet, but I was ready to tackle the next obstacles.
As we ran along we spent a lot of time talking and laughing. What I really loved most about this event was being there with these awesome ladies. Typically I run, train and workout alone. It was refreshing to participate in an endurance event that involved running and hanging out.
We broke the glass ceiling.
They helped each other through the mud even though I chickened out. It was awesome to watch everyone support each other and cheer each other on.
The mud was tough, but there were still 5 obstacles ahead of us, so we took off running to see what was next.
We climbed some more, then tested our balance on the crazy Wheels in Motion obstacle.
Then we took a bubble bath in the "Squeakily Clean" wash and headed straight to the Hat Trick for the final splash.
Once the Hat Trick was in front of us and the ladies couldn't wait to climb the net, slide into the pool of water and rinse off the mud.
Watch them in action:
Huzzah! The finish line is up ahead.
As I ran towards the finish line I was so thankful Michelle and Elizabeth had joined me on this new adventure. Despite the fact that I let my annoying monthly visitor keep me from playing in the mud, I had an amazing time! This is was not only my first Mudderella, but also my first obstacle event. I really enjoyed the climbing and agility obstacles and would love to see even more of those in the future.
I would definitely consider Mudderella a fun, social event and think it's the perfect way to have a girls-only day. I have a few suggestions to make the most of the event:
- Bring a group of fun people
- Bring a change of clothes and a towel for after the event, or wear the shirt your receive at the finish line
- Wear old shoes that you don't mind getting muddy - ones you plan to possibly discard afterwards
- Bring money or a credit card to buy extra beer or merch post-mud. Wrap it in a plastic baggie and tuck it into a waist pack.
- Don't forget your ID
- Bring your event registration info for speedier check-in
- If you bring your cell, use a waterproof case. The event photos are great, so if you can't bring in your phone or camera, don't worry.
There are Mudderella events taking place all over the country this year and in 2016. Be sure to visit the Mudderella website for more information and updates on these upcoming dates:
- Capital Region – July 25, 2015 – Clarksburg, MD
- Colorado – August 22, 2015 – Snowmass Village, CO
- Pittsburgh – September 12, 2015 – Slippery Rock, PA
- Whistler – September 26, 2015 – Blackcomb Mountain, Whistler, BC Canada
- New England – October 3, 2015 – Thompson, CT
Grab your girlfriends and go have fun!