The Perfect Anytime Protein Scramble
I love eggs. Since starting the 21 Day Fix, scrambled and hard boiled eggs have been my favorite quick and easy protein sources. Even though I've since moved on to PiYo and T25, I'm still keeping my eating habits clean and consistent.
In playing with macros, I decided I wanted to bump up my protein intake, and this recipe really packs a punch in the protein department, while incorporating 2 power greens: kale and spinach.
- 2 Organic Free Range Eggs
- 1/4 cup (combined) of chopped kale and spinach
- 1 Tablespoon chopped red onion
- 2 ounces (about 6 lean slices) chicken breast deli meat (turkey can be substituted)
- Cracked pepper to taste
- Coat pan with non-stick spray, turn on heat to med-low
- In a bowl, crack 2 eggs and beat, aerate well
- Add onions & chicken breast to eggs and beat to combine
- Add contents of bowl to pan
- Add kale and spinach to pan about a minute later
- Add pepper
- Scramble gently over med-low heat until done
Serve in a bowl and enjoy!
This delicious, satisfying, anytime meal packs a whopping 24.1 grams of protein. I am trying to keep my macros at 40% protein / 30% Fats / 30% Carbs, and this meal allows me to fee full without the carbs I'd rather have at dinner. The fat grams come mostly from the eggs, which can always be substituted with egg whites. However, I prefer both the whites and yolks in my scrambles and don't mind the higher fat % of this particular meal since only 3g are actually saturated fat, and the other fats I eat are all healthy: peanut butter, olive oil, hummus, sunflower seeds, avocado, salmon.
This is a great base recipe, you can add or remove healthy items as you see fit. Let me know what recipes you have created!